This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygpath codepage problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:35:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygpath codepage problem
- References: <2373031368907015 at web7h dot yandex dot ru>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 18 23:56, Dmitry Bolshakov wrote:
> today I've updated cygwin and new cygpath prints incorrect non latin paths
> $ cygpath -V
> cygpath (cygwin) 1.7.18
> Path Conversion Utility
> Copyright (C) 1998 - 2013 Red Hat, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> $ echo $LANG
> $ cygpath 'D:\Downloads\ÐÑÐÑÐÐ'
> ("ÐÑÐÑÐÐ" means "music" in russian)
Confirmed. Between 1.7.17 and 1.7.18 there was a non-trivial change in
the build system. During this transition, an old patch has gone lost.
The result is that the multibyte<->wide char character conversion
functions are loaded from ntdll.dll, rather than from the Cygwin DLL.
Since the ntdll has another idea about the current codeset, the result
is pretty much unusable in terms of non-ASCII characters.
I fixed that in CVS. The next snapshort from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
will have the fix, too.
Thanks for the report,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple