This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what library provides __b64_ntop? (libresolv does not)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:09:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: what library provides __b64_ntop? (libresolv does not)
- References: <CAAZXUtyS2sBvp5OdhJfDU+dvUzPn+woRRP0fEqucMNfF-5iTiQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <519AE0C2 dot 6050002 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <CAAZXUtzoybdqZvVY994UFu0BuFmEuN0rqsMe+EqLotNnqW7Lkw at mail dot gmail dot com> <519B03D1 dot 6040102 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 21 00:19, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-05-20 23:57, Luke White wrote:
> >There appears to be an implementation of that function in cygwin's
> >src/newlib/libc/sys/linux/net/base64.c. Is it possible to link
> >against whatever that gets compiled to? If not, could that function
> >be copied to cygwin's libresolv? When the header and implementation
> >are already there it seems a shame not to make it available.
> That is an older version of the file currently shipped by FreeBSD,
> but like other libc/sys/linux files, it is only compiled into newlib
> when targeting Linux. The file compiles cleanly on Cygwin, but
> whether or not we want to provide these non-standard functions would
> be up to cgf or Corinna.
I just added the latest FreeBSD version of the base64.c file to Cygwin,
so we have them in the next version.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple