This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Fwd: Including full path to shared library in the executable file
- From: Balaji Venkataraman <balaji dot s dot venkataraman at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:19:28 -0700
- Subject: Fwd: Including full path to shared library in the executable file
- References: <CALgEz7rPZLJmg6nBacALfvdhkRUT5st+hMEciSuQd9y46xRuYQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi - I've tried searching online and in mailing list archives but I
couldn't find what I'm looking for.
As I understand it, a Cygwin binary compiled with a shared library (my own
lib), will run only if the .dll file can be found in $PATH, or in the
current working directory from where the executable is run or in the same
directory as the executable. Hope I haven't missed any other variations.
My question is whether there is a way to include the full path to the .dll
while creating the .exe - much like how cmake "link_directories" or
"target_link_libraries" allows you to - for e.g. on Linux (an ldd on the
executable file shows the full path to the .so file and thus
precludes the need to explicitly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH). While this is not a
cmake question (or a cmake mailing list) if you have experience solving
this problem using cmake, would appreciate those insights as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple