This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: luatex font path problem
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:55:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: luatex font path problem
- References: <517D54B8 dot 1060109 at gmail dot com> <517EA41F dot 3040404 at cornell dot edu> <517F3170 dot 3080107 at gmail dot com> <518977B4 dot 1010803 at cornell dot edu> <519A94E0 dot 5040808 at cornell dot edu> <519D792F dot 2030402 at gmail dot com> <519E316F dot 30301 at cornell dot edu> <519E597D dot 8050800 at gmail dot com> <519E736C dot 903 at cornell dot edu> <519EEB53 dot 2080908 at gmail dot com> <519F5E19 dot 40602 at cornell dot edu>
On 2013-05-24 07:33, Ken Brown wrote:
I'm not comfortable removing the version test, since I don't know the
reason for it. As you say, the low frequency of zlib updates makes this
a minor issue.
If you were to rebuild texlive immediately, I would agree, but as you
aren't planning to, right now it is a major issue: users should not have
to choose between the important bugfixes (not to mention the new API) in
1.2.8 and a properly functioning luatex.
I agree with the conclusion in the Gentoo bug entry: the version check
is completely superfluous and should be removed, so that this does not
continue to be an issue in the future.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple