This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: luatex font path problem
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:41:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: luatex font path problem
- References: <517D54B8 dot 1060109 at gmail dot com> <517EA41F dot 3040404 at cornell dot edu> <517F3170 dot 3080107 at gmail dot com> <518977B4 dot 1010803 at cornell dot edu> <519A94E0 dot 5040808 at cornell dot edu> <519D792F dot 2030402 at gmail dot com> <519E316F dot 30301 at cornell dot edu> <519E597D dot 8050800 at gmail dot com> <519E736C dot 903 at cornell dot edu> <519EEB53 dot 2080908 at gmail dot com> <519F5E19 dot 40602 at cornell dot edu> <519FE1D5 dot 3080801 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 5/24/2013 5:55 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-05-24 07:33, Ken Brown wrote:
I'm not comfortable removing the version test, since I don't know the
reason for it. As you say, the low frequency of zlib updates makes this
a minor issue.
If you were to rebuild texlive immediately, I would agree, but as you
aren't planning to, right now it is a major issue: users should not have
to choose between the important bugfixes (not to mention the new API) in
1.2.8 and a properly functioning luatex.
I agree with the conclusion in the Gentoo bug entry: the version check
is completely superfluous and should be removed, so that this does not
continue to be an issue in the future.
Having now read through the bug entry, as well as the corresponding
thread on the dev-luatex mailing list, I agree. So I'll rebuild texlive
within the next few days and remove the version check.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple