This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: regression in subversion with 1.7.18 (and .19)
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:38:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: regression in subversion with 1.7.18 (and .19)
- References: <CACUHbYOt3CrAh6h+xkkYCXbLzvfLFtkc=juONu8j__AVn-saeA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 5/27/2013 2:34 PM, David Boyce wrote:
> I've encountered a regression in svn client behavior between Cygwin
> 1.7.17 and 1.7.18. I also tried today's snapshot which doesn't fix it,
> though I suspect the problem is actually in the svn port to Cygwin,
> not the DLL (by way of evidence I downgraded a 1.7.18 install to use
> cygwin1.dll from 1.7.17 and it fails the same way).
The problem is in the svn port for Cygwin, as you mentioned. When
building svn for Cygwin 1.7, I removed support for DOS paths. This
unintentionally removed support for UNC paths as well.
I'll see what I can do to restore UNC path support without also enabling
DOS path support.
Thanks for the report.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Subversion Cygwin maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple