Re: Postinstall Script Errors With Exit Code 128

> [...]

>> Postinstall script errors, with the below output text:
>>
>> Package: base-cygwin
>>  000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 128
>> Package: terminfo
>>  terminfo.sh exit code 128
>> Package: bash
>>  bash.sh exit code 128
>> Package: coreutils
>>  coreutils.sh exit code 128
>> Package: _autorebase
>>  autorebase.bat exit code -1073741819
>> Package: base-files
>>  base-files-profile.sh exit code 2816
>>  base-files-mketc.sh exit code 128
>> Package: cygutils
>>  cygutils.sh exit code 127
>> Package: man
>>  man.sh exit code 128
>>
>> If I then open Cygwin Terminal using the Desktop shortcut, I get a
>> window titled "-sh" and a prompt that says "-sh-4.1$". The command
>> "ls" returns "-sh: ls: command not found", but echo works. I have
>> tried re-running setup.exe, removing the cygwin directory, re-
>> downloading the setup.exe, removing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
>> \Wow6432Node\Cygwin from the registry, setting "Turn on DEP for
>> essential Windows programs and services only" and rebooting,
>> altering file and folder permissions, deleting the cache and using
>> different mirrors, and using rdesktop in CentOS vs. mstsc.exe in
>> Windows to remote desktop in, but none of this changes the behavior.
>>
>> I have an odd and possibly related behavior. If I open Command Prompt,
run
>> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
>> to get a "bash-4.1$" prompt, then in there run
>> if [ "foo" = "foo" ]; then echo "Expression evaluated as true."; fi
>> the bash prompt will exit back to command prompt, and %ERRORLEVEL%
>> has been set to 128.
>> Running that if statement in the window brought up by the Cygwin
>> Terminal Desktop shortcut will sometimes make the window close, but
>> not always. I have not explored how I might be triggering the
>> Desktop shortcut to work or not work.
>>
>> I have attached setup.log and setup.log.full.
>>
>> When I run cygcheck -s -v -r >> cygcheck.out, it hangs and does not
>> exit. Checking Task Manager, I see that it's using ~45% CPU (I have
>> 2 virtual cores). It does write some things out to cygcheck.out,
>> which I have attached. When I run the command in Command Prompt
>> without redirecting output to a file, I get a little more
>> information before it hangs, which I have copied out of the command
>> prompt and attached as cygcheck-no-redirect.out. I do not know why
>> it's saying I have multiple cygwin1.dlls on my path. There is only
>> C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll.
>>
>> Looking at cygcheck.out, I am running in a Terminal Service session
>> which makes sense as I am remote desktopped in. My problem might be
>> related to FAQ #2.14 (http://cygwin.com/faq-
>> nochunks.html#faq.setup.setup-fails-on-ts), but the DEP solution is
>> not helping me. I tried running "C:\cygwin\bin>>peflags --
>> tsaware=true --tsaware *" in Command Prompt, but it did not change
anything.

>> [attachment "setup.log.full" deleted by Paul Nickerson/DeskNetInc]
>> [attachment "cygcheck.out" deleted by Paul Nickerson/DeskNetInc]
>> [attachment "setup.log" deleted by Paul Nickerson/DeskNetInc]
>> [attachment "cygcheck-no-redirect.out" deleted by Paul
Nickerson/DeskNetInc]

> "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
> Tue, 28 May 2013 17:15:00 -0400

> Try removing GS and OpenVPN from you path and try installing again.  If
> that doesn't work, you might try installing "Just for Me".

Sorry I'm replying to my original post. I forgot to actually subscribe to
the mailing list, and didn't get your message in my inbox.

I tried each of your suggestions, and they did not help it install. I also
tried cygcheck again, and it did not run any better. Any other ideas? I'm
at a loss right now.