This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unzip surprise: foo.exe hides foo/ ?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 22:51:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: unzip surprise: foo.exe hides foo/ ?
- References: <CAPF-yOZmb_CikS6cj9H6-jSa7OgOXpg9uJV=9Wbh1n4+KrPimw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 5/30/2013 9:50 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
It seems that if a zipfile includes both foo.exe and foo/, unzipping
the zipfile fails like this:
but is not directory
unable to process
unzip then exits with nonzero status.
Is that confusion expected?
Yes, it is expected. There's lots of discussions about transparently
handling the .exe extension in the email archives and the ramifications
if you're interested in more details. It's exciting reading. ;-)
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple