This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SQLite temporary path creation broken in latest stable release
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 04:19:43 +0400
- Subject: Re: SQLite temporary path creation broken in latest stable release
- References: <51B52B51 dot 50203 at dancol dot org> <51B6272F dot 8010001 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Warren Young!
> On 6/9/2013 19:26, Daniel Colascione wrote:
>> which I haven't been able to test
> You should. One of the changes is to prefer creating temporary tables
> in memory instead of on disk, which should bypass the problem.
> This bug is already under discussion on the SQLite mailing list:
> None of the SQLite core developers have responded to my charge that this
> looks like a bug in SQLite. It shouldn't be generating temporary file
> names with backslashes in them for Cygwin builds, since it knows such
> paths go through the Cygwin DLL, which sometimes has trouble doing the
> right thing with backslashes.
There's no reason to ever use backslashes in paths, ever.
> There is a chance the bug exists in the "Unix" path as well, since
> backslashes are legal in POSIX paths but not on Cygwin, but since the
> in-memory change will avoid this, my motivation to fix this bug twice is
> low. Once should be enough.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 12.06.2013, <04:19>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple