This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] Xlib.h not available in cross-compile-to-self usage
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:34:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [64bit] Xlib.h not available in cross-compile-to-self usage
- References: <alpine dot WNT dot 2 dot 00 dot 1306120819310 dot 1460 at panamint> <alpine dot WNT dot 2 dot 00 dot 1306122228170 dot 1916 at panamint>
On 2013-06-12 17:51, Arthur Norman wrote:
Thanks. I am building the code from reduce-algebra.sourceforge.net and
in particular updating the build system there so that anybody who
fetches will be able to build. The part that I am mostly concerned with
uses either the FOX toolkit for its GUI stuff or wxWidgets (each built
FYI, both of these are available in Ports for i686-cygwin and *-mingw; I
haven't got that far yet for x86_64-cygwin. If there is interest, I
would be willing to move any of these into the distro.
So my note here is more a note of incompleteness and a hope that
eventually eveything that can be built by plain "gcc" on regugar 32-bit
cygwin will be buildable using either i686-pc-cygwin-gcc or
x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc - with X11, Xft, Xranrd, fontconfig being the
components I am most waiting for but not feeling a need to make my
request an urgent one!
Not that everything can be cross-compiled, but I understand that those
with 64-bit machines are going to want to use x64 as much as possible.
How far we go with the cygwin32-* and cygwin64-* packages will depend on
demand, but is it entirely feasible to do at some point.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple