This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- From: Danjel McGougan <danjel dot mcgougan at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net, marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:08:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- References: <51B0E34A dot 5010801 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B0E93B dot 9030806 at gmail dot com> <51B16F2D dot 7010500 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B32B26 dot 7050006 at gmail dot com>
On 2013-06-08 15:01, marco atzeri wrote:
> Il 6/7/2013 7:27 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) ha scritto:
>> On 2013-06-06 14:55, marco atzeri wrote:
>>> Il 6/6/2013 9:30 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) ha scritto:
>>>> libpq.a was always an import library for the libpq DLL, but in
>>>> libpq-devel-9.2.4-1, it is an ordinary static library, but there is no
>>>> libpq.dll.a implib either. Could you please fix this?
>>> give me some time to review again the "unusal" postgresql
>>> build system.
>>> When I patched to remove the dlltool/dllwrap I probably forgot something
>> While you're at it, is the 9.x libpq DLL really ABI compatible with the
>> 8.x version? I haven't analyzed them, but just from history, I wouldn't
>> be surprised if it wasn't, in which case the DLL really needs to be
>> versioned so it doesn't collide with the old, unversioned 8.x DLL.
> libqp seems so, major version 5 is unchanged.
> Most of the others no.
> I uploaded a test version, here
> that should solve the issue and have the dll versioning,
> plus I removed the last trace of dlltool/dllwrap usage.
> Could you please test before I replace all the others 9.2.x version ?
> To download
> wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
> find postgresql -name index.html -o -name md5.sum | xargs rm
It seems the latest libpq5 (9.2.4-2) installs /bin/cygpq-5.dll, but at least xemacs fails to find this lib (it looks for cygpq.dll) and fails to load. Downgrading libpq5 to 8.2.11-1 solves the xemacs issue for me. Before I downgraded I tried to symlink cygpq.dll to cygpq-5.dll, but this caused xemacs to silently fail to start. So I gather libpq 9 is not binary compatible with libpq 8.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple