This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 04:19:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- References: <51B0E34A dot 5010801 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B0E93B dot 9030806 at gmail dot com> <51B16F2D dot 7010500 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B32B26 dot 7050006 at gmail dot com> <51B97E1B dot 3060801 at gmail dot com>
On 2013-06-13 03:08, Danjel McGougan wrote:
It seems the latest libpq5 (9.2.4-2) installs /bin/cygpq-5.dll, but at
least xemacs fails to find this lib (it looks for cygpq.dll) and fails
to load. Downgrading libpq5 to 8.2.11-1 solves the xemacs issue for me.
While I'm glad to finally have properly versioned PostgreSQL DLLs, we do
need to worry about not breaking everything in the distro (and Ports)
which is linked against the old, unversioned cygpq.dll.
I suggest renaming the old libpq5-8.x packages on sourceware to libpq,
and changing all libpq5 deps in the distro to libpq, namely for:
Can you take care of this, or shall I?
Before I downgraded I tried to symlink cygpq.dll to cygpq-5.dll, but this
caused xemacs to silently fail to start.
The Windows runtime linker doesn't understand symlinks, so that wouldn't
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple