This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim-minimal annoyance
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 23:17:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: vim-minimal annoyance
- References: <002d01ce6b05$f2f16d40$d8d447c0$ at outbacktrip dot info>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/16/2013 10:54 PM, Shaun Fielder wrote:
Since the vim-minimal package came into existence, it's caused a fair bit of
mucking around and frustration here (broken .vimrc; time to figure out
what's going on). (Especially as each update wants to re-install vim-minimal
which we don't want.)
The latest package of vim-minimal should use .virc for vi rather than
.vimrc. This should avoid .vimrc brokenness when using vi.
This may not be all you're looking for but should, like I said,
address the problem of vi using an incompatible .vimrc.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple