Re: libtool weirdness (was Re: Broken MPIR 2.6.0 on Cygwin64)

On 2013-06-24 06:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
This seem to have been a problem with the assembler files, but I can't
reproduce it if I use the right settings.  With this cygport file:

   NAME="mpir"
   VERSION="2.6.0"
   RELEASE=1
   CATEGORY="Math"
   SUMMARY="MPIR"
   DESCRIPTION="MPIR"
   SRC_URI="http://www.mpir.org/${P}.tar.bz2";

and with this patch to configure.in:
[snip]
the package is built completely.  11 out of 48 tests segfault, but that
has nothing to do with ld and, as such, has been left as an excercise
for the reader.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the LLP64
vs LP64 difference between mingw and Cygwin 64 bit toolchain.

I concur.

There's also still the problem that the DLL is installed into usr/lib
rather than usr/bin and that it's using the "lib" prefix rather than
the "cyg" prefix, but I'm sure this is fixable as well.

Ah, you also need to configure with --enable-cxx, otherwise the AC_PROG_CXX needs to be moved outside the conditional; do either of those, and the DLL will be built named correctly.

Yaakov