Re: Failure with fork()

On 6/27/2013 4:55 PM, Thrall, Bryan wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote on 2013-06-27:
On 6/27/2013 4:33 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
So the question still remains how do I gain access to a version of
setup.exe with the fork fix that will allow me to not only initialize
my Cygwin distribution for Wine without the fork abort, but also
subsequently update it to install all components of Cygwin that I
need?

Since you want to just run 'setup.exe', you need a new cygwin package
(i.e. cygwin-1.7.2*-*) before you'll be able to do what you want
without any extra effort on your part.  So unless you're willing to
build your own version of this package and put it in your download
directory in the appropriate spot (after you've downloaded the
packages you want), you want to just wait for the next announcement
for the cygwin package.

Since the fork bug is only affecting the execution of the postinstall
scripts, couldn't the OP install the snapshot in the partially-complete
Cygwin install, then run setup.exe to finish the postinstall scripts?

As Yaakov said, if you time it just right, which may or may not be
tricky.  There are other alternatives as well but they all require
some effort to get right.

--
Larry