"gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory" issue on Windows 7

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 and Cygwin 2.819 64 bit.  I installed gcc
4.8.1.-3.  I get this error when trying to compile:

$ touch foo.cpp
$ gcc -c foo.cpp
gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory

I'm trying to compile a python package and received this message.  I
think it's a gcc issue as illustrated by the simple example above.  I
was able to compile the python package on windows xp.

Was wondering if anyone could help me resolve this issue.  Thanks.

-- Vinh