This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Fwd: INFO issues
- From: Thiers Botelho <thiersb at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 12:36:36 -0300
- Subject: Fwd: INFO issues
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFWZbCwgixYuYhtQqUMt6iPntTRWDq+Aungs99wQciXi_FG+SA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I'm a new user of CygWin and a former user of some Linux distros.
I'm having the following issue with the 'info' command:
info: dir: No such file or directory
I did some searches, but really... searching stuff where 'info' is the
keyword is bound to, and DOES, return a lot of useless 'info'...
I've searched the CygWin mailing list; what I've got is the
not-so-clear suspicion that I need to 'install' something. Here are
the closest leads I've got - they're 13 years old:
### this guy had the same issue I'm having.
### then this guy suggested running some kind of hand-made script (not
really meaningful to me) around the install-info command (which indeed
exists in my CygWin folder)
### and this other guy suggested using command 'gen-dir-node' (which I
didn't find in my CygWin build).
So what I'd like to know is, are there any clear instructions
somewhere about how to make the 'info' command work properly under
Thx a lot and cheers
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple