This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- From: Septimus Stevens <septimus dot stevens at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 21:19:52 +0700
- Subject: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm novice but stumbled into a configuration that works OK for me.
I type 'startx' and get an X environment with three xterms.
Yesterday I meant to type 'cat Foo > Bar' but accidentally left off
the '>'. Foo was a binary file and that xterm became unusable.
Today I type 'xstart' and get only two xterms, with an error shown
in the subject line. My workaround is to modify .xinitrc to start
FOUR xterms so I get THREE to work with, but I'd prefer a "real" fix.
I'd like to be less helpless. Will someone show me what queries
or searches would have worked to figure this out myself via FAQ's?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple