This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:54:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACC5Q1eGcbCvqxmik+s_9yQgyT9Bz9gqTE_7dhH7t-FVkM_eXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0C723FEB5B4E5642B25B451BA57E27303EE006FF at S1P5DAG3C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <5227A572 dot 5010301 at etr-usa dot com>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> On 9/4/2013 09:36, Jim Garrison wrote:
>> Am I missing something, or is there a reason one would want to run a
>> Linux emulator under a Windows emulator on Linux?
> For myself, it is occasionally nice to have a Cygwin sandbox environment to
> play with when I'm on one of my Macs, away from a Windows box. Wine is
> cheaper than a VM in terms of hardware requirements and licensing.
You must have some very expensive hardware. I'm running VirtualBox
VMs on my laptop; which has a Windows 7 OS and two of those VM are
different versions of Windows. The problem I have with my VM on my
laptop is that when I'm away from the external drives I have the
virtual disks stored on they don't work; but that is a seldom
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple