This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: config.guess and config.sub older than new Cygwin64
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:13:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: config.guess and config.sub older than new Cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+sc5m=2OdnsCHodCK-MTFHojC7DRPns5F=p9C7rm6h8A1ax_Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/4/2013 5:43 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
Just a note to those of you using Cygwin64 to build packages. You
will need to most likely replace the config.guess and config.sub files
in those packages with newer ones from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/ because it won't guess your system
Twice now I've seen on config-patches a report submitted because of this.
The versions installed into /usr/share/automake-X.Y/ have all been
modified to be the latest upstream as of mid-July -- for all X.Y from
1.4 to 1.14.
Also, cygport itself ships with an identical copy, and modifying your
script to call 'gnuconfigize' during src_compile() will update them as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple