This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 20:28:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACC5Q1eGcbCvqxmik+s_9yQgyT9Bz9gqTE_7dhH7t-FVkM_eXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0C723FEB5B4E5642B25B451BA57E27303EE006FF at S1P5DAG3C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <5227A572 dot 5010301 at etr-usa dot com> <CA+sc5mnEGz-U6wgoQjktrOGzR5yiujfRG_gbjN_NAoCT=ghEWQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/4/2013 15:54, Earnie Boyd wrote:
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Warren Young wrote:
cheaper than a VM in terms of hardware requirements and licensing.
You must have some very expensive hardware.
I figure a VM costs me $25-50 in RAM and SSD space. Because it's not a
full OS, Wine's slice of SSD and RAM is more like $10, and a lot of it
is shared among Wine instances if you have more than one running.
I purposefully said "and licensing" though, because the Windows license
swamps the hardware costs.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple