This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: INFO issues [partially SOLVED]
- From: "fernando" <man_fernando at yahoo dot es>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 13:25:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: INFO issues [partially SOLVED]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFWZbCyU1r==KvswiUoSmfjsuDnQaVYzNvAOfHkbmmuVj=wAmA at mail dot gmail dot com>
It would be nice to know if yours is a x86_64 version of cygwin because I
think there is something wrong in x86_64 version and this must be a bug
somewhere. Don't know exactly where (the texinfo package?).
I have a x86_64 and I can confirm the update-info-dir post install script is
not available in the x86_64 version of cygwin. I can copy the script from a
x86 version and run it manually and info command starts working but still
with problem. For example when you run 'info ttttttt' using something that
is not a valid value for the info command, instead of getting the top info
page you get a "segmentation fault" error. In x86 something like info tttttt
instead of a segmentation fault will trigger the info top page showing on
the bottom the error "the node ttttttt doesn't exist".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple