This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: config.guess and config.sub older than new Cygwin64
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 08:08:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: config.guess and config.sub older than new Cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+sc5m=2OdnsCHodCK-MTFHojC7DRPns5F=p9C7rm6h8A1ax_Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <5227B0A3 dot 6050104 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 9/4/2013 5:43 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> Just a note to those of you using Cygwin64 to build packages. You
>> will need to most likely replace the config.guess and config.sub files
>> in those packages with newer ones from
>> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/ because it won't guess your system
>> Twice now I've seen on config-patches a report submitted because of this.
> The versions installed into /usr/share/automake-X.Y/ have all been modified
> to be the latest upstream as of mid-July -- for all X.Y from 1.4 to 1.14.
> Also, cygport itself ships with an identical copy, and modifying your script
> to call 'gnuconfigize' during src_compile() will update them as well.
That's fine if the user is using cygport but from the two I've seen on
config-patches is that the user is executing a package configure where
the package has an 11 year old config.guess and is not using cygport
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple