This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryan dot johnson at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:49:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACC5Q1eGcbCvqxmik+s_9yQgyT9Bz9gqTE_7dhH7t-FVkM_eXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0C723FEB5B4E5642B25B451BA57E27303EE006FF at S1P5DAG3C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET> <5227A572 dot 5010301 at etr-usa dot com> <20130904230917 dot GA803 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 04/09/2013 7:09 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
One wonders what stack alignment would be found if a breakpoint were set
at the same place under a native windows setup... if it's not 16-byte
aligned then this is a Cygwin bug that flew under the radar. Aligned
stack? Chalk it up to Wine.
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 03:26:10PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
This bug could well be Wine's, rather than Cygwin's.
Wine can always play the "It's not documented to work that way card" but
the bottom line is still that it is not a "platform" that we are interested
in devoting time to.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple