This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Septimus Stevens <septimus dot stevens at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 02:32:00 +0400
- Subject: Re: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKGUG_fjgdE4a3k26a_80DJsEwF_Wpya109xsR2_SoHnmL-4NA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+kUOa=9JriWDUQApnTMgxw+T7GyTNnAG9xdfH10evCqfLdL7w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKGUG_c9Vy5_S2jRWRnZs0sVKFObcQyLyUd=mRTZxopRHyF8wQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Septimus Stevens!
> Today I rebooted, started Cygwin, X and got FOUR terminals correctly
> with no error message. Still, I would be happy to understand the
> previous error.
> On 9/4/13, Adam Dinwoodie <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Don't do that then. Dumping a binary file to terminal rarely ends well.
> :-) But it was an accident!
cat'ing a binary file is a bad idea in general.
>> Did you try searching for the error message?
>> While we're at it, what is the error message?
> abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied
> (That's not the complete message. BTW, why doesn't copy/paste work
> in the main Cygwin window?)
Copy/paste works just fine, both in mintty and native console.
Probably, you need to clarify, what you mean by "main cygwin window", if you
need further help with it.
> Chen Qi wrote:
>> maybe you have install some packages recently but not yet running a
>> rebase command.
> No, I have installed no packages recently. The only significant "change"
> I am aware of is the xterm that ending in a bad state 2 days ago as described.
> BTW, that was the "login" xterm.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 06.09.2013, <02:17>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple