Re: x32 vs x64 conflict in Application

Il 10/7/2013 8:31 AM, Sonya Blade ha scritto:
DEar All,

I'm receiving the following error ("During startup program exited with code 0xc000007b.")
on application start up(which uses cygwin_32 compiled libraries of Petsc and SLepc ).

I've compiled Petsc and Slepc with Cygwin_32 and tried to test it with code snippet which uses
the Petsc and Slepc libraries which raised x32/x64 error.

Interesting thing is when I loaded the applicaition on dependency walker to test the dependant
dlls and libraries of application I noticed that cygwin1.dll loads kernel32.dll, and cygwin1.dll
is shown as x64 library which it shouldn't be, because I've nowhere used Cygwin_64 for compilation.

Having cygwin1.dll as x64 and kernel32.dll as x86 architecture, can that be a origin of that problem
or is completely normal ?

I attach the snapshot view of dependency walker if it may give you a clue on what actually happens.

http://i40.tinypic.com/9as213.jpg

Your help will be appreciated,

cygwin 32 and 64 should be installed in different directories and not
mixed in the path.

Could you please follow
 http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html

at
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.
"

so we will have a better view of your system status ?

Regards
Marco