RE: Did October "Patch Tuesday" break something?

> After installing the October "Patch Tuesday" updates from Microsoft, Emacs
> won't run except in -nw (no window) mode.  Here is the error I'm
> getting:
>
>    emacs-X11:
>    Memory exhausted--use M-x save-some-buffers then exit and restart
> Emacs
>
> Has anyone else seen a related problem?  cygcheck output is attached.
>
> I did notice that my "Microsoft Security Essentials Prerelease" was
patched in
> this update.  I tried turning off real-time protection but that didn't
make a
> difference.

I also installed the October windows patches (Win 7) and my emacs changed
but
in a different way. Everything works normally except when I try to read an
info file.
Apparently emacs thinks I suddenly speak French. Outside emacs info works
perfectly. I haven't had any time to investigate and I can't really see how
they
could possibly be related to the patches. It does seem odd that the change
happened
at the same time as the patches.  Maybe Lisp and AI actually work and lisp
has become
sentient and is starting early for Halloween.