Obtaining Windows 7 behavior on Windows 8

I am upgrading from one laptop to another, the old one running
Windows 7 and the new one Windows 8.  On the old one, I disabled
UAC and bash appears to run with admin privileges (which is what
I normally want).  In particular, if I say 'groups' then Administrators
appears among the groups.

On the Windows 8 machine, I have set UAC to the lowest value, but
'groups' does not include Administrators, even though the current
user is an admin.  I can explicitly Run As Administrator, but that's
painful, and besides, I normally get stuff going via XLaunch.

Is it the right/reasonable thing to do simply to set my XLaunch
short cut to run with admin rights?  Getting the groups, permissions,
and privileges sorted out after what Windows Easy Transfer left me
with has been driving me a little crazy ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss