This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs won't run
- From: Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:41:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: emacs won't run
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <529EF3CA dot 2050108 at netfence dot it> <CAA5t8Vo1Godk4rEbeQNMZ9UV=1Ne9ju8ytBtETxKDcuymBC8pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 12/04/13 16:50, David Karr wrote:
Are you running it from the desktop from "run"? I discovered the same
thing. One workaround that worked for me was to open a rxvt window
and then run emacs from that.
I tried from xterm or "Cygwin Terminal".
However, an even better workaround was
simply using the "w32" version and bypassing X entirely.
I know, but this is not the exactly the same.
bye & Thnanks
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple