This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs won't run
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:01:31 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: emacs won't run
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <529EF3CA dot 2050108 at netfence dot it> <529F0A4B dot 4060901 at gmail dot com> <52A076A5 dot 5050207 at netfence dot it>
Andrea Venturoli <ml <at> netfence.it> writes:
> Of course, emacs is a shell script.
Of course it should be a symlink, pointing to emacs-X11 on a standard
installation. Did you read /usr/share/doc/emacs/README.Cygwin? Is the
DISPLAY environment variable set correctly? Does Emacs "run" when you start
it as "emacs-X11 -Q"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple