This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cant access to files more than 128 utf-8 symbol long names
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:29:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: cant access to files more than 128 utf-8 symbol long names
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A6BFA4 dot 9010101 at spektr-rfs dot ru> <20131210102755 dot GQ2527 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <52A729AC dot 1020906 at gmail dot com> <20131210153259 dot GT2527 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 04:32:59PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Dec 10 16:48, Noel Grandin wrote:
>>On 2013-12-10 12:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>Sorry if that is frustrating in your current situation, but this isn't
>>>something we can just change at a whim and go ahead. It would break
>>>compatibility with all existing Cygwin executables.
>>Maybe this is something that could be fixed only in the 64-bit version
>Did you really read my mail? There is no fix. You can handle this
>wrongly one way or the other. If in doubt, I prefer the POSIXly
Also, even if it was something that could be "fixed", since the 64-bit
version of Cygwin has been out for some time now, breaking backwards
compatibility would still be bad.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple