This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
possible missing dependency for python-numpy and proposed fix
- From: Chris LeBlanc <crleblanc at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:38:39 +1300
- Subject: possible missing dependency for python-numpy and proposed fix
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I recently installed a new version of Cygwin on a new Windows 7
machine. I installed a several packages including numpy. The
installation worked without any errors. I did this for both 32 and 64
bit versions of Cygwin.
After installing numpy I tried importing it in a Python shell. It
raised an ImportError exception when trying to import lapack_lite.
Lapack_lite.dll existed in the correct location, but running "cygcheck
-c" (as per http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-05/msg00361.html) on it
revealed that it needed libquadmath0 which had not been installed.
Numpy worked fine once I installed the missing libquadmath0
Is anyone else seeing this problem? Should this dependency be added
to the numpy setup.hint?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple