This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: emacs-X11 memory problem after Windows update
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:45:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: emacs-X11 memory problem after Windows update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH5rLZWNvJLogZt=N16ri4=A9TE2_iwN2uW3WdZEWY8T5Xknfg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH5rLZUCwde-PcCOdNVZaV-itW33XdA=NOSWbtC-A-wTh1uSdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <52A9DE77 dot 3080507 at cornell dot edu> <877gba9g3d dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <52A9EEBE dot 3050100 at cornell dot edu> <20131212182522 dot GA2863 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 12/12/2013 1:25 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:13:34PM -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
On 12/12/2013 11:41 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs: GSlice: failed to allocate 2040 bytes
(alignment: 2048): Cannot allocate memory
I'm seeing the same thing on Win7/64 Pro, both for 64bit and 32bit
Cygwin. Since I don't normally use the X11 Emacs, unfortunately I don't
know which update was introducing this, it used to worked OK a few weeks
And do you also use Windows Defender?
If this isn't BLODA, I'm completely stumped.
Would running under strace help?
It might. Achim or Mike (or anyone who can reproduce this problem),
could you run "strace -o strace.out emacs-X11 -Q" and post strace.out
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple