This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: emacs-X11 memory problem after Windows update
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:54:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: emacs-X11 memory problem after Windows update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH5rLZWNvJLogZt=N16ri4=A9TE2_iwN2uW3WdZEWY8T5Xknfg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH5rLZUCwde-PcCOdNVZaV-itW33XdA=NOSWbtC-A-wTh1uSdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <52A9DE77 dot 3080507 at cornell dot edu> <877gba9g3d dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <52A9EEBE dot 3050100 at cornell dot edu> <20131212182522 dot GA2863 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <52AA1257 dot 60806 at cornell dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:45:27PM -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
>On 12/12/2013 1:25 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:13:34PM -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> On 12/12/2013 11:41 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>>> Ken Brown writes:
>>>>>> ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs: GSlice: failed to allocate 2040 bytes
>>>>>> (alignment: 2048): Cannot allocate memory
>>>> I'm seeing the same thing on Win7/64 Pro, both for 64bit and 32bit
>>>> Cygwin. Since I don't normally use the X11 Emacs, unfortunately I don't
>>>> know which update was introducing this, it used to worked OK a few weeks
>>> And do you also use Windows Defender?
>>> If this isn't BLODA, I'm completely stumped.
>> Would running under strace help?
>It might. Achim or Mike (or anyone who can reproduce this problem),
>could you run "strace -o strace.out emacs-X11 -Q" and post strace.out
Btw, posting it somewhere is a good suggestion since strace output seems
to be giving spamassassin some problems lately, making it hard to send
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple