This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cannot execute binary file
- From: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:55:31 -0500
- Subject: cannot execute binary file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
/usr/bin/ls: /usr/bin/ls: cannot execute binary file
/bin/bash: Exit 126
This is the error that greets me when I try to execute a command in cygwin from a Windows Command Prompt like so:
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -h always /bin/bash -l ls
This was after installing a new version of Cygwin today. So I wiped it and installed it again and got the same error again.
This used to work because I've called my own scripts this way before. Is there some new way of doing this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple