This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.14.5-1
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: fehrin2 at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:59:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.14.5-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52C1EBF4 dot 9080303 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <52C29A21 dot 3060001 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 31/12/2013 10:19, Franz Fehringer wrote:
> Hi John,
Firstly, do not send me personal email.
Please read http://cygwin.com/problems.html#personal-email, particularly the
section starting "Shouldn't I just send email to straight to a Cygwin
developer or package maintainer?"
> It seems xwinclip is still needed, what are the perspectives about this?
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
If you are assuming that xwinclip is normally needed, because it is provided,
then perhaps you should do some testing. It is not.
See  and 'man xwinclip' for more details.
To anticipate the next question: xwinclip is provided to assist in debugging
clipboard integration problems, and because it is useful with the experimental
XtoW window manager.
If you are reporting a bug that xwinclip is needed when it shouldn't be, then
more information is needed.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple