Re: How to destroy a cygwin terminal

On 31/01/2014 08:58, l.wood@surrey.ac.uk wrote:
> In cygwin X window, type:
>
> cd /
> ls */*/*

Heh. What an interesting bug.

However, it doesn't seem to be an X server bug.  Typing the same commands into
a mintty causes that to exit as well.

On 31/01/2014 13:13, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> for what I can see the xterm crash, not the Xserver

What is happening here is that the X server has been started with xinit or
startx, and the command is typed into the initial xterm.  When that exits, the
X server is shut down to.

>> and I will bet when you are looking on /proc/*/*

Wrong guess :)
'ls proc/*/*' doesn't seem to reproduce it, but 'ls dev/*/*' does.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer