Newbie Questions

I am loving Cygwin.

I have been reading the manuals and documentation and have some newbie questions.

1)  When I go to execute a script, do I just type the name of it or do i have to do a ./NameOfScript ?

2)  I am trying to do an Alias of the Clear Command ... in my bashrc I has an alias for clear to do a printf "\033c".   Well it does not seem to work from my scripts, but works from shell prompt.
Is this a path issue ?

3)  I am still trying to figure out how to open a termial window and have a menu script always run.
Should I put this in my .profile or is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks for all the work of the Cygwin team.