Re: Newbie Questions

On 2/6/2014 01:13, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Warren Young!

[C:\home\Daemon]$ bash -c ./foo.sh

That's not the same command I gave you.  -c changes how bash.exe
interprets the following parameter.

According to `man bash', that's the correct command to execute scripts with
bash.

Are you trolling?

$ man bash

SYNOPSIS
       bash [options] [file]

ARGUMENTS
       If arguments remain after option processing, and neither the -c
       nor the -s  option  has  been supplied, the first argument is
       assumed to be the name of a file containing shell commands.

In other words, bash behaves exactly as I said originally, and Windows Explorer isn't wrong to call Bash with just the name of a script, when you tell it that all *.sh open with bash.exe.