Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>   The group attributes utilized by Cygwin are:

>     cn                 If set, will be used as Cygwin group name.

sambaPrimaryGroupSID
?
(Yeah, I have Samba3/LDAP domain...)

>   The <cygwin .../> string can start at any point in the comment, but
>   you have to follow the rules:

>   - It starts with "<cygwin " and ends with "/>".
>   - The "cygwin" string and the key names have to be lowercase.
>   - No spaces between key and "value", just the equal sign.
>   - The value must be placed within double quotes and it must not
>     contain a double quote itself.  The double quotes are required
>     for the decimal values as well!

>   CMD example:

>     net use corinna /comment:"<cygwin home=\"/home/foo\"/>"

  net user corinna /comment:"<cygwin home=\"/home/foo\"/>"
---------^

>   Bash example (use single quotes):

>     net use corinna /comment:'<cygwin home="/home/foo"/>'

Same as above. (I'm actually surprised, it works, though.)

> However, setting up winbindd isn't for everybody, and it fails to map
> Windows accounts to already existing UNIX users or groups.

Oh?... it really depends on the curvature of admin's hands.
Properly setup Samba accounting transparently map users through PAM.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...