Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

On 2/13/2014 09:07, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Steven Penny!

- Do you have any benchmarks available? Or instructions on how we could test the
   speed of the new system?

In the end of the day, this should affect program startup times. But in home
environment, the difference will be negligible.

Whose home are we talking about here? :)

In my home, we type commands like ./configure && make && make install

That sort of thing may launch and kill hundreds of programs in a short period of time.

If we save only 1/20 second (say 0.1 sec down to 0.05) per process launch, we can save tens of seconds on such a command sequence.

I look forward to testing this.