Re: $PATH contains dot but unclear where it comes from

On 2/20/2014 10:41 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2/20/2014 9:12 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:
2. only bash invoked as bash shows it - it's not shown when invoked as sh.exe

This fact should enable you to track down the problem.  The bash manual explains how it behaves
differently when invoked as sh.exe.  I don't remember the details, but I think one difference is
that different startup files are read.

The OP's use of --noprofile and --norc suppress most of those differences.
One little thing I noticed has to do with "posix mode".  sh enters posix
mode only after trying to source input files, while bash is in posix mode
all the time.  One difference when not in posix mode is that sourcing of files
will search the currently directory.  It seems a little far-fetched that
this would affect the setting of PATH, but at the same time, it is all
related to whether the current directory is searched or not ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss