Re: Silently configure sshd fails via system account

On 2/21/2014 3:48 PM, Paul Griffith wrote:
Hi,

I am using a software package called WPKG (wpkg.org) to silently deploy
Cygwin and then configure SSHD. The Cygwin installation works like a
charm. Configuring sshd is another story. If I run my script from a admin
command prompt, I am to setup sshd. If I run that same script from WPKG,
it fails. The only difference is that the WPKG agent runs as the SYSTEM
user. I assume SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager) users
would have the same issue since their agent also run as SYSTEM.

Any ideas other than pulling apart /usr/bin/ssh-host-config  and trying
to do this manually myself ??

Configuring sshd can be tricky.  There are plenty of failure paths so it's
best not to step off known paths to success unless you're willing to blaze
a new successful trail.  With that in mind, why not run WPKG under an
account that is known to successfully install Cygwin in the normal way?
This may be close enough to a known successful path to just work.

--
Larry