This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please stop sending email to ...
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:30:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please stop sending email to ...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140311212550 dot GA2208 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1394581356734-107040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <20140312015352 dot GB2283 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1382539932 dot 20140312154311 at yandex dot ru> <20140312121751 dot GE10290 at tastycake dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:17:51PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 03:43:11PM +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> The point was, it's nowhere mentioned, who to contact in case of list issues.
>> Not in list mail headers, neither on list's mailman web page.
>> I've had multiple mails blocked for containing "foreign language" (how can I
>> help? It's Microsoft smarts to translate group names to make everyone
>> unhappy), and I multiple times tried to find the address to appeal to. To no
>> Yes, I vaguely recalled, that there supposed to be "<list>-owner" address,
>> but it's only my poor memory. How can I trust her without confirmation?
>It is mentioned in the email headers. Looking at this email, for
>example, I see the following header:
> List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, <http://sourceware.org/ml/#faqs>
>Alternatively, as cgf has already mentioned,
><http://cygwin.com/lists.html> states "If you have *any* questions or
>problems with the mailing lists, see the Sourceware mailing list FAQs"
>with a link to that same Sourceware page. And that page includes the
Thank you! Can I get a gold star here for someone with good reading
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple