Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)

Greetings, Steven Penny!

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Warren Young wrote:
>> If you think web code repository searching and a public bug tracker are
>> primary barriers to contribution, you aren't being honest with yourself.
>> They are nice, but not necessary.

> I am honest with myself. I, as everyone have limited time.

Seems like the limit on your time is very laxed.
For the time you wrote all the posts to this list, I've downloaded whole
Cygwin /cvs/src, found the offended string, patched the file, and it took me 2
days to rebuild it only because I wasn't familiar with out-of-the tree build
system. (Had to read building instructions first, yeah...)
Now, I'm a happy owner of a custom cygpath that doesn't annoy me with
insignificant warnings.

> I will not waste my time with an archaic system and maintainers who fail to
> see the light of day when there are better ways I can spend my time,

If all the point you want to make is that YOU don't want to spend time
supporting the toolset you're using daily, please save your energy.
My Care-o-meter shows negative readings.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...