Re: problem reproducing perl-Error build

On 04/17/2014 02:13 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Eric Blake <eblake <at> redhat.com> writes:
>> cygwin warning:
>>   MS-DOS style path detected: \Users\Administrator
>>   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator
>>   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
>> warning.
>>   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
>>     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
>> Created MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
>> Creating new 'Build' script for 'Error' version '0.17019'
>> Module::Build version 0.39 required--this is only version 0.38 at Build
>> line 41.
>> *** ERROR: Module::Build build failed
>>
>> This raises several questions:
>>
>> 1. What is going wrong in cygport and/or perl's Module::Build that is
>> triggering the nodosfile warning?
>
> You need a newer Module::Build (I'm currently at 0.4205).  If you build this
> version of Error you'll also find that it fails the test suite...

Which version of Error - reproducing the 0.17019 shipped in 64-bit
cygwin, or the latest 0.17022 available upstream?

I guess I should come out and state this:

I have no vested interest in maintaining the perl-Error package.  It is
my only 'inherit perl' package, and I originally packaged as a
pre-requisite of being able to package git; but now that someone else is
planning on adopting git (although the progress on that front has been
glacially slow), I'm more than willing to put perl-Error up for adoption
for anyone else to manage, that is more likely to know how to resolve
the issues that I ran into.  Is this something you'd like to adopt?