Re: rm -f behavior

On Apr 24 11:34, Douglas Coup wrote:
> If I do "which rm" and "which chmod", it shows that both commands
> resolve to the Cygwin binaries.
>
> The attached rm.notworking.trace file is from an "rm -f dac.txt"
> command that gets the permission denied error; i.e., when the
> permissions on the file are 444.  Things seem to start going south
> at entry 34276.

Gosh, how many ways to fail does transactional NTFS know?

>    20   34002 [main] rm 7580 unlink_nt: Trying to delete \??\C:\mydocs\temp\dac.txt, isdir = 0
>   274   34276 [main] rm 7580 unlink_nt: Opening \??\C:\mydocs\temp\dac.txt for removing R/O failed, status = 0xC0190052

So you're getting a transaction error which isn't covered by the Cygwin
DLL yet.  The error is STATUS_TRANSACTIONMANAGER_NOT_ONLINE.  Whatever
this means.  How on earth can the TxF manager be "not online"?!?
Unfortunately there's only very sparse information about this status
code available.

Before I make any changes to Cygwin, I'll try to get some info from
the Microsoft side of things...

Stay tuned,
Corinna

Red Hat