Re: Website: Package listing not working + cygport query

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:31:11AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 07:19:04PM +0100, David Stacey wrote:
>>On the cygwin.com website, none of my packages display their contents
>>correctly, e.g.:
>>
>>     https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/keepassx/keepassx-0.4.3-2
>>https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/libpoco-devel/libpoco-devel-1.4.6p3-1
>>     https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/doxygen/doxygen-1.8.7-1
>>
>>All I see is a long list of zeros. Other people's package listings are
>>fine, e.g.:
>>
>>https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/libopenssl100/libopenssl100-1.0.1h-1
>>https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/texlive-collection-basic/texlive-collection-basic-20130529-1
>>
>>Is this a website problem? Or have I managed to get something seriously
>>wrong in building my packages? I'm using Firefox 29.0.1 under Fedora 20
>>64-bit, although looking at the source code it seems as though the
>>browser is rendering the pages correctly.
>
>It's not a website problem.  It is apparently a problem with the "upset" script
>which generates these listings.  I'm investigating.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this before: The name that you used to
generate your packages was "David Stacey/None".  My parser wasn't
expecting a name with a space and I didn't detect the fact that the
parsing failed (#($& just realized that I forgot to fix that).  So it
was just outputting a '0' size, one per line.

Yaakov, wouldn't it make sense not to just use 0/0 as user/group when
generating packages with cygport by forcing --owner=0, --group=0 to the
tar command?  I'm not suggesting that this is the right way to fix this
particular problem but I don't think it's a good idea to leak people's
names and groups out onto the interwebs if we can help it.  It will also
make the packages slightly smaller.

cgf