Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: coreutils-8.23-1

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware that it has been more than 2 years since I last built
> coreutils, and that there has been some question on the mailing list of
> whether I'm being responsive enough as a maintainer.  I apologize for
> the delays in getting this release made, but I'd still like to hang on
> to this package a bit longer, particularly since I'm most familiar with
> the set of cygwin-only downstream patches needed to make the package
> play nicely with the Cygwin environment.

Let me be the first to say thank you for the update. I know that Cygwin packages
are not always easy to make because they sometimes do not compile
"out of the box" and require manual patching.

As far as you staying on, I am personally fine with it as long as you can update
at least once per year. That seems like a reasonable timeframe.