cygcheck -p seg faults on x64 only installation

cygcheck -p segment faults on my laptop where I have only installed
the 64-bit version of cygwin.

Note: this install is the first and only install of any version of
cygwin on this machine.

attached are:

strace output from cygcheck -p

cygcheck -svr output

Your assistance is appreciated,

Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada